Learning by doing – Example Plugins
A good point to start learning about the MySQL Workbench scripting capabilities is to take a look at an example plugin. Check out the following articles that discusses how to add your first plugin for the MySQL Workbench’s SQL Editor and Modeler.
- MySQL Workbench Plugin: Execute Query to Text Output
- MySQL Workbench Plugin: Auto-Create Foreign Keys
- MySQL Workbench: PHP development helper plugins
The MySQL Workbench Manual contains introductory documentation about MySQL Workbench scripting.
The following documentation is available for Workbench scripting and plugin development:
- MySQL Workbench: Python Scripting and Plugin Development
This article gives a basic overview how to register your plugin and deal with Workbench objects.
- MySQL Workbench: MForms – mini forms library
This is the reference documentation for the small cross-platform UI library that can be used to add dialogs and wizards to plugins.
- MySQL Workbench: GRT Globals Tree and its Classes
This is the general reference about the objects that are exposed by MySQL Workbench.
To ask specific questions about MySQL Workbench scripting join the development team on the IRC channel.